Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ahem.

Just so you'd know, for some reason, the landlord of my place has decided to place a limiter on the connections, thus limiting each person to about 500MBs per month. Which is of course outrageously miniscule. Almost immediately was my connection affected, even if the only part of the Net disallowed was the HTTP section.
But you're posting here! Some of you might say. Which is true, not because I'm using my uni's connection, but simply because I am in a way. Via Unix from the comforts of my home, and using Lynx at the moment. A text-only browser for those of you who feel left in the dark. Yep, that's right. No pretty pictures, no fancy CSS. Just good ol' text and yeah, text.
Some you will of course (as I am sometimes) say "Where's the fun in that?" I mean, wheres the bloody pictures? Well, lets just say that when it comes to times of hardships, the bae essentials are what counts.
And in this case of the inability of Firefox and IE (stopped touching it, btw), we still find that the command line works. Not like a charm, but it still works.

Well, it is better than nothing.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascist scum for landlords, You should be paying less for your rental since they don't provide internet access.. or just move out :P

 
At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough to find a place that provides good net access...Still, getting your own conn better than relying on provided ones. Incur more cost, but it'll be worth every cent spent. ^^

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home