Thursday, November 23, 2006

Not That Intrigued

I'm going to have to agree with this statement. It's occured to me that while I spent time with my friends in high school, I would be the one left out whenever it came to any discussion of the English Premier League. The Liverpool fans would jump up and say how Manchester United sucked, how the Man-U fans said vice versa, what the Arsenal fans thought, and all the while everybody would take potshots at Chelsea or Blackburn.

And the thing was, that I loved to play football (soccer, for you Aussies and Americans), and still do, playing with my friends every weekend, or whenever we could. Whether it was in the indoor futsal courts of Malaysia to the fields in Australia, I always make sure that I sweat my worth and have my fun. And make every moment worthwhile, stealing balls, tackling, scoring and whatnot.

Yet, I cannot bring it within me to support an European team, wear an affiliated jersey and well, get into the mood that so many of my peers emulate. Yeah well, I would admit that I would look into the play of the game itself, how the players score, their footwork and et cetera, but to follow closely behind the player itself, what club they're playing in at the moment, what position they are at the moment, heck, even remembering their names is something that I could never bring myself to do. I find myself more detached from the subject as well, a man going shoe shopping with his significant other.

I get excited by a lot of things, but not by a bunch of rich guys playing. Oh, and don't bring up the analogy of music bands playing on stage. It's just not the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home