Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tickle in the Throat

I've been having this rather nagging cough for the past two weeks. The first week consisted of a running nose with a constant cough, thus wetting the many tissues I used with an abundance of mucus.

The second -which is about now- happens to have a lesser frequency of the cough, but bouts are much heavier than the usual cough, to the point where I start tearing, coupled with the force to puke.

This sucks, no doubt. And there are cough mixtures about to help me with my ailment. So today, I'm going to talk about three particular mixtures that I have taken, and such is the custom for liquids, I shall rate them accordingly.


Robitussin

I had this when I had a phlegm problem in Melbourne, went up to the lady in the pharmacy and she gave me this. Downed two bottles in a week. It has a mildly sweet taste with a certain aftertaste, but its nothing really to shout about. If you're not really fussy, you can go for this.

Nin Jiom (Ubat Ibu dan Anak)

I've had friends recommend this to me. No kidding, over here in Malaysia, some shops sell Nin Jiom candy. The mixture is not as readily-tasty as the lozenges, as the taste is not as immediate as the other two in terms of taste, but it is the aftertaste that lingers. Herbal stuff, this is pretty good, and lots thicker than Robitussin.

Woods Peppermint

The phrase 'cream of the crop' comes to mind when you consume a spoonful of Woods Peppermint Syrup. Most likely because of the burning sensation whenever you downed a swig of the mixture, and the fact that it contains a little bit of alcohol. The same friends who recommended Nin Jiom cautioned me with Woods, plainly because they know the stuff is good. Addictive in a sense, its the thick blackness of the liquid and the lacing of peppermint that really gets to you. They also have candy-sizes for this particular mix.



Cough mixture connoisseur, I am.


Currently listening to:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home