Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Mornings have come upon us like a swarm of locusts

You know, I enjoy driving. I really do. Spending more than nine to ten months in a country where my driving license doesn't really mean shit to them locals, hasn't granted me an opportunity to show my skills behind the wheel. Not that I have any skills to shout about, with the exception of having spent three years on the road, legally that is.

Well, so there I was driving, doing an errand, and I make a remark to my mom. I say, how long are you going to take at the Telekom's? How many thousand years, given the great bureaucracy of the Malaysian private-public system.

She gives me this look and tells me five to ten minutes. And that I should have some faith in the local system. Its getting somewhere, she replies, though slowly. The system, not her words. And it does happen. Ten minutes is all that it takes.


Very slowly, if you live here. But then again, I have little faith.

Little faith in the way things are here, as compared to the First World Nations of the eh, World. Earth. Granted, we are a developing nation with its quirks, and already do we think we're New York (courtesy of Arrogant Worms' comments on Canada).

So how are we expected to change, if all we do is complain. If all I do is complain and sit on my ass all day and expect things to change for the better. Aside from the occasional noise I make when I sound others through the Information Superhighway. Is that what they call it? I always feel content with naming it the Big Electric Lawnmower Man Universe Thingy, as is with my fondness for bombastic titles and the like.

So it is not only necessary to have faith, but so must one act upon it. God isn't going to do everything for you, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home