Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Noise Levels

So here I was, about to write a review on The Sentinel when I got a knock on my door from my housemate. But before I expand into that, let me talk about my housemates first.

Housemate A, which I will call Skinny Panda is as what you would call her on first sight, even if you weren't in the descriptive mood. She is a bit of a nervous wreck, and is a bit of an isolationist, garnered from the fact that she being a Hongkie, and having spent three years here in Australia, still can't engage in a worthy English conversation. Has problems with me cooking at seven in morning and tries to pull off a nagging demeanor based on small, petty things. Gets annoyed when I don't cave into demands. Also has problems with me singing at night.

Housemate B, has been in the country for a few months, and speaks surprisingly better English than the first, brings back a boyfriend every once in a while. Plumpish, and perhaps just a little pretty if you were to look at her from a certain angle. Once gave me condescending attitude about my hair (its quite long), though I let it slide, and thinks I should respect her because she's older. I shall call her Smirnoff Girl, based on the bottles she keeps in the fridge.

Both are from Hong Kong. Both are at least five years older. Neither prove to have the feel for intelligent/witty conversation, a major turn-off for me. Both have a volume problem with me, no matter how soft my music tends to be. Neither are, from a shallow man's-POV, hot enough to be tolerated.


Perhaps I'm not the easiest housemate in the world, considering my need to talk funny sometimes, or the long hair, or the fact that I don't put back the dishes once in a while. But I say nothing when they give me attitude because they happen to be half-a-decade older than me, or dump my clothes on my toiletries, or when they think that I should help them with whatever computer problem when all they have to do is read the manual and then they're all set.


That, and I have been having a very annoying rash these past few days, so when I told Smirnoff Girl to fuck off when she thought I should lower my volume (not even at quarter volume, currently so low that I have to strain to listen), well, I'm annoyed. And I want to listen to some good music to forget things.

I don't ask for much you know.


Currently listening to: Soundgarden - 4th of July

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home